AURORA, Ill. - The Rockford University cross country teams ran in their third meet of the season on Friday at the Aurora University Spartan Classic. It was another strong showing individually for the Regents, as multiple runners once again set new personal or season-best times. As a team, the RU women placed sixteenth and the men did not have a team score.
Women's Race - 6k
- Kellie Frerichs was the top finisher for the RU women's team. She completed her first ever collegiate 6k race with a time of 27:27.5
- Elina Lynge Wagner set a season-best in the 6k as she crossed the finish line in 30:13.1
- Annabelle Stefanic also completed her first 6k as a Regent on Friday, finishing the race in 31:40.2.
- Taylor Mundt crossed the finish line in 35:28.2 to complete her first 6k race as a Regent.
- Natalia Kucharczyk set a new personal record by over seven minutes, when she completed the race in 35:28.2
Men's Race - 8k
- Antoine Callebaut also set a new personal best at the Spartan Classic. His time of 31:32.8 was over three minutes faster than his previous best in the 8k.
The RU cross country teams return to action this Saturday, September 21 at the Gil Dodds Invitational.