AURORA, Ill. - Both the Rockford University men's and women's cross country teams competed at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championships on Saturday morning at Oakhurst Forest Preserve. There were a total of 111 runners in the women's 6k race and 97 runners in the men's 8k race. The RU men's team placed tenth at the NACC Championships and women's team did not record a team score. However individually it was a great day for Rockford, as numerous individuals posted season or personal best times.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) led all Rockford runners with his 26th place finish. Werkheiser completed the 8k in a season-best time of 27:10.3.
- Cristan Newton (Shreveport, La.) finished in 63rd place with a season-best time of 29:50.9.
- Bailey Beard (Rockford, Ill.) crossed the finish line in a season-best time of 32:34.0 to place 79th.
- Christian Devant (Winnebago, Ill.) also recorded a season-best time in the 8k, as he crossed the finish line in 33:27.2 to finish in 83rd place.
- Nick Noel (Loves Park, Ill.) has been a consistent runner for Rockford all season long. Noel finished in 92nd place on Saturday with a time of 35:47.6.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) set a new personal best in the 8k with a time of 36:47.2 and finished in 95th place.
- Elina Lynge Wagner (Hvidovre, Denmark) was the top performer on the women's side for Rockford. Wagner finished in 86th place with a season-best time of 29:59.7.
- Elizabeth Lisenby (Kasilof, Alaska) finished in 95th place and was just 10 seconds off her personal best time, as she crossed the finish line in 32:23.3.
- Destiny Darmon (Byron, Ill.) placed 96th with a time of 32:26.0 in her first collegiate meet.
The RU cross country teams return to competition in two weeks at the NCAA Midwest Regional. The meets have a scheduled start time of noon.