WINNECONNE, Wis. - The Rockford University cross country teams returned to competition on Saturday, following a week off, at the UW-Oshkosh KollegeTown Pre National Meet. Due to the conditions of the course, the meet was broken into three separate races. The Regents competed in the 8K Invite and the 6K Invite on men's and women's sides respectively. Although Rockford was unable to record a team score, the Regents had multiple good individual efforts.
- Elizabeth Lisenby (Kasilof, Alaska) was the top performer on the women's team. Lisenby finished in 48th place in the 6k with a time of 33:51.9.
- Natalia Kucharczyk (Huntley, Ill.) competed in her first race of the season on Saturday. Kucharczyk crossed the finish line in 44:31.2 to place 56th.
- Senior Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) led the way with the top finish of any Regent on Saturday. Werkheiser placed 24th in the 8k with a time of 29:43.1.
- Nick Noel (Loves Park, Ill.) finished in 68th place with a time of 36:16.0.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) crossed the finish line in 42:43.5 to place 73rd.
The RU cross country teams return to competition on Saturday, October 27 at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship. The meets will be held at the Oakhurst Forest Preserve in Aurora, Ill. with a scheduled start time of 10:30 AM.