AURORA, Ill. - Both the men's and women's cross country teams participated at the Spartan Classic on Friday evening. This is one of the larger meets of the season for the Regents, as it featured 196 participants in the women's 6k and 202 runners in the men's 8k. Rockford did not record a team score for either the men or the women, but did have multiple good individual performances.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) was the top finisher for Rockford. Werkheiser placed 94th with a time of 28:41.4.
- Cristan Newton (Shreveport, La.) finished 150th with a time of 30:53.8
- Nick Noel (Loves Park, Ill.) crossed the finish line in 35:32.6 to place 190th.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) finished 200th in the 8k with a time of 43:12.5.
- Elizabeth Lisenby (Kasilof, Alaska) had the highest finish of any female Regent. Lisenby placed 179th with a time of 32:13.7.
- Erin Null (Rockford, Ill.) placed 196th and crossed the finish line in 51:14.5.
The Rockford University cross country teams return to action on Friday, September 21 at the Brissman/Lundeen Invite. The meet has a scheduled start time of 3 PM.