MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (6-8, 0-1 NACC) fell in straight sets in its NACC opener to the Wisconsin Lutheran College Warriors (6-6, 1-0 NACC). Unfortunately, the Regents struggled to string anything together, falling 25-13, 25-11, 25-13.
- The opening set was close early on, as Rockford trailed by just one point at 7-6. Rockford tallied a trio of kills over that span, two from Della Crain and one from Alicia Puente.
- Unfortunately, the Warriors went on a 12-3 run to take a 19-8 advantage and seize control of the set.
- Rockford was able to get back within nine, but it was not enough, as the Warriors took the opening set 25-13.
- The second set got off to a rocky start, as Wisconsin Lutheran scored ten of the first twelve points, to take an early 10-2 advantage.
- Rockford was able to cut the Warrior lead back down to six thanks to a 3-1 run of its own. Della Crain, Nicole Eggers and Alicia Puente all tallied kills during that stretch.
- However, the Warriors answered right back with a 7-1 run to seize control of the set en route to a 25-11 victory.
- The third set was again close in the opening moments, as the Regents and Warriors traded points for the first six points of the match.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was the first team able to string together multiple points in a row, using a 4-0 run to take a 6-3 lead.
- The Warriors slowly pushed their advantage to six points midway through the final set, at 15-9.
- Wisconsin Lutheran then ended it on a 10-4 run to win the set 25-13 and match 3-0.
- Della Crain finished with a team-high 10 kills and 6 digs.
- Jennifer Quintas had a team-high 9 digs and 2 assists.
- Jessica Witkowski tallied a team-high 9 assists and 5 digs.
- Casey Sheetz recorded 8 assists and 5 digs.
The RU women's volleyball team returns to action next Saturday, September 28 at home against Edgewood College and Grace Christian. The matches have respective start times of noon and 4 PM in the Seaver Center.