ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (4-23-0-12 NACC) closed out its NACC portion of the season in its home finale against the Alverno College Inferno (4-24-, 1-11 NACC) on Wednesday night. It was a tight match from beginning to end but it was not the result the Regents were hoping for as they fell in three straight sets with scores of 25-21, 25-20 and 25-17.
- Rockford exchanged points in the first set until it saw its first lead at 8-7.
- The match was knotted back up at 10-10 before the Inferno went on a 6-0 run to take a 16-10 lead.
- Rockford attempted to mount a comeback late in the set as the Regents strung together a 6-2 run to trail 22-19.
- Rockford went on to fall 25-21 in set one.
- Alverno continued its momentum in in the second set as it started out with the early lead.
- Rockford tied the game six times before it took its first lead at 16-15.
- Unfortunately, Alverno went on a 5-0 run to regain a 20-16 lead.
- Rockford was unable to take set two falling 25-20.
- In the third set Rockford got behind early finding itself down 12-6.
- Down 15-7, the Regents connected with five straight points to make it a 15-12 game.
- Alverno did not faulter as it went on to take the third set 25-17.
- Maddison Hiland (Bellevue, Iowa) led the Regents with 8 kills while adding 9 digs.
- Della Crain (Lena, Ill.) and Emily Johannes (Eau Claire, Wis.) each contributed with 6 kills of their own.
- Johannes also tallied 8 digs.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) was just short of a double-double as she registered a team-high 14 assists with 8 digs.
- Paige Carpenter (Phoenix, Ariz.) did well defensively as she chalked up a team-high 10 digs.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to action when it travels to take on Finlandia on Friday, October 26. The match is scheduled for 6 PM.