ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (4-22, 0-11 NACC) hosted the Benedictine University Eagles (14-9, 6-4 NACC) on Friday night for its annual senior night. The Regents honored its lone senior Maddison Hiland (Bellevue, Iowa) during the night. Unfortunately, Rockford was not able to come away with the win as they fell in three straight sets. However, Rockford did manage to progressively do better throughout the match with scores of 25-12, 25-16 and 25-20.
- In the first set Rockford was able to take a 3-2 advantage over the Eagles.
- However, Benedictine would go on a 10-2 run to take a 12-5 lead.
- BenU kept it rolling as they went on the win the first set 25-12.
- In the second set the closest Rockford would get would be 1-1.
- From there the Eagles went on an 15-3 run to go up 16-4.
- Rockford turned in a run of its own as it went on an 8-3 run to trail 19-12.
- The Regents were not able to mount a comeback as they fell in the second set 25-16.
- In the third set both teams continued to exchange points in a heated contest.
- There were nine ties alone in the third set. The last being at 14-14.
- It continued to go back-and-forth as the Eagles were up just 20-19.
- The Eagles were able to string together a short run at the end to go on to take the third set 25-20.
- Maddison Hiland played well on her senior night as she finished with a team-high 9 kills while adding 4 digs.
- Della Crain (Lena, Ill.) was effective with 7 kills for a .375 kill percentage.
- Nicole Eggers (Marshall, Wis.) registered 4 service aces on the night.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) dealt out 17 assists throughout the match.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to action for its home finale on Wednesday, October 24 when it hosts Alverno for its final NACC action of the year. The match is scheduled for 7 PM.