ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (4-18, 0-8 NACC) hosted the Aurora University Spartans (13-5, 7-0 NACC) on Tuesday night. The Spartans kept their unblemished NACC record rolling as they took down the Regents in three straight sets with scores of 25-15, 25-14 and 25-12.
- The Regents did well in the opening set battling with the Spartans.
- Rockford saw itself on top 6-4, before taking an 8-7 lead.
- The Spartans stood in strong tying the set at 9-9.
- Rockford regained its lead 11-9 before being knotted at 13-13.
- Unfortunately, AU went on an 8-0 run to take a 21-13 lead.
- The Regents could not mount a comeback as they fell in the first set 25-15.
- In set two RU was up early again with a 5-3 lead.
- The Spartans managed to tie it up at 6-6.
- Aurora pulled ahead as the closest the Regents would get was 13-10 before falling 25-14 in set two.
- The Spartans put the game away in the third set as they never trailed in the set.
- Aurora poured it on and took the third set 25-12 to win in three straight sets.
- Emily Johannes (Eau Claire, Wis.) finished with a team-high 5 kills.
- Maddison Hiland (Bellevue, Iowa) finished with a .444 kill percentage with 4 kills on 9 attempts.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) dealt out a team-high 16 assists.
- Jennifer Quintas (Rockford, Ill.) lead the defense with 12 digs.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to action on Friday, October 12 when it travels to Lakeland. The match is scheduled for 7 PM.