ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (4-16, 0-6 NACC) battled hard but came up short falling in three sets to the first place Concordia University Wisconsin Falcons (12-4, 6-0 NACC). Rockford fell by a narrow margin in its three sets coming up just short as it fell by 25-21, 25-16, and 25-19.
- It was tied 6-6 early in the first set before Rockford snuck out and took a 10-7 lead.
- The Regents held strong as it was knotted at 15-15 before pulling into the driver seat again taking a 17-15 lead.
- The Falcons dug deep and went on a 5-1 run to take the lead at 21-18.
- The Regents did a good job to keep it close trailing 23-21, however CUW was able to score the next two points to come out with a 1-0 advantage after a highly contested first set.
- The Falcons were able to use the momentum from the first set in the second as they flew out to an early 12-7 lead.
- As much as the Regents attempted to mount a comeback the Falcons would not budge as they held them off to take a 25-16 win in the second set.
- In the third set it was the Regents this time who came out hot taking an early 9-5 advantage.
- Unfortunately, the Falcons showed why they are undefeated in NACC play as they went on a 4-0 run to tie it at 9-9.
- Rockford kept clawing away and saw itself up 14-13.
- However, CUW strung together another run, this time an 8-2 run to regain the lead at 21-16.
- Rockford was able to pull it back within three at 22-19 but unfortunately that's all RU could get as they fell in the third set 25-19.
- Della Crain (Lena, Ill.) and Emily Johannes (Eau Claire, Wis.) each tied with a team-high 8 kills on the night.
- Crain hit well as she finished with a .278 kill percentage.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) divvied out a team-high 21 assists while adding 7 digs.
- Jennifer Quintas (Rockford, Ill.) led the defense with a team-high 11 digs.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team returns to the court when it travels to take on Concordia Chicago on Friday, October 5. The match is scheduled to start at 7 PM.