BELOIT, Wis. - The Rockford University women's volleyball team (0-2) began its season on Friday with a pair of matches at the Buc Blast Tournament against North Central University (1-1) and Alma College (2-0). Unfortunately the Regents fell in straight sets in both matches: 25-19, 25-20 and 25-16 to North Central and 25-15, 25-12 and 25-12 to Alma.
- The opening set was close early on as the Regents and Scots were tied on three separate occassions.
- The Regents were within a single point at 11-10, before the Scots used a 7-0 run to pull out in front 18-10 en route to taking a 1-0 lead.
- The second set got off to a difficult start for the Regents as Rockford quickly fell behind 10-3. However the ladies stormed back with a 6-0 run, including five straight points off the serve of Amelia Rehberg (Pecatonica, Ill.) to pull within a single point at 10-9.
- Alma responded with an 8-0 run of its own to retake control of the second set at 18-9, and then ultimately grabbing a 2-0 advantage.
- The third and final set belonged to the Scots as they jumped out to a 9-3 lead and never looked back. The Regents were unable to get any closer than five points for the remainder of the game and fell in straight sets 3-0.
- Play-by-play is not available for the North Central University match.
- Della Crain (Lena, Ill.) led Rockford with 7 kills on 18 attack attempts.
- Jennifer Quintas (Rockford, Ill.) finished with a team-high 9 digs.
- Casey Sheetz (Rockford, Ill.) tallied 14 assists and 4 digs.
- Emily Johannes (Eau Claire, Wis.) had a solid all-around match with 8 digs and 5 kills.
- Jennifer Quintas tied her career-high with 24 digs.
- Emily Johannes tallied 12 kills, 7 digs and 2 service aces.
- Maddison Hiland (Bellevue, Iowa) had 12 digs, 6 kills, 2 service aces and a solo block.
- Paige Carpenter (Phoenix, Ariz.) finished with 13 digs.
The Rockford University women's volleyball team will play two more matches at the Buc Blast Tournament on Saturday, September 1. The Regents open with Olivet at 1 PM followed by Eureka at 3 PM.