NAPERVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University outdoor track and field teams sent select members to compete at the Dr. Keeler Invitational on Thursday and Friday this week. There were no team scores recorded at the meet, but Rockford still had some excellent individual performances. Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) broke the school record in the shot put and Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) set a new personal record in the 200 meter dash.
- Tommy Brown finished tenth and set a new school record in the shot put with a throw of 13.83 meters.
- Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) finished 13th in the discus with a throw of 41.79 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) placed 32nd in the 400 meter race and 34th in the 200 meter dash with respective times of 52.03 seconds and 23.83 seconds.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) finished 14th in the shot put with a distance of 11.96 meters.
- Alyssa Ashford placed 43rd and set a new personal best in the 200 meter dash with a time of 28.60 seconds. She also finished 22nd in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 18.52 seconds.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) finished 26th in the hammer throw with a distance of 39.16 meters.
The RU outdoor track and field teams will conclude their seasons next Thursday, May 16 at the Augustana Twilight Qualifier.