LISLE, Ill. - The Rockford University outdoor track and field teams participated at the Benedictine University Relays over the weekend. The men's team finished 25th and women's team finished 26th at the two-day meet.
Top Men's Results
- Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) participated in a total of five events. Johnson's highest finish came in the discus where he placed eighth with a throw of 40.35 meters. He also finished 12th in the hammer and 21st in the shot put with respective distances of 39.35 meters and 11.99 meters. He then set a new personal best and finished 16th in the javelin throw with a distance of 39.23 meters. Johnson wrapped up his weekend with a 51st place finish in the 200 meter with a time of 26.41 seconds.
- Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) took part in four field events. Brown finished 12th in the shot put with a throw of 13.20 meters, 23rd in the hammer with a throw of 31.16 meters, 28th in the discus with a distance of 33.04 meters and 35th in the javelin with a throw of 24.88 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) ran in both the 200 meter and 400 meter races. Werkheiser finished 13th in the 400 meter with a time of 51.32 seconds and 32nd in the 200 meter with a time of 23.92 seconds.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) threw in a trio of field events. Evitts finished 22nd and set a new personal best in the hammer throw with a distance of 32.01 meters. He also finished 45th in both the shot put and discus with throws of 8.32 meters and 21.27 meters.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) participated in four events. Lawrence finished 26th in both the discus and javelin with throws of 34.24 meters and 30.75 meters. He also finished 29th in the hammer with a throw of 27.22 meters and 41st in the shot put with a distance of 9.38 meters.
- Bilgehan Korkmaz (Konya, Turkey) ran in both the 100 meter and 200 meter races. Korkmaz finished 38th in the 100 meter with a time of 12.25 seconds and 43rd in the 200 meter with a time of 24.87 seconds.
- Randy Stegenga (Hilversum, Netherlands) finished 32nd in the long jump with a distance of 5.51 meters.
- Rockford's highest finish of the day came from its sprint medley relay team. The team of Emani Johnson (Channahon, Ill.), Randy Stegenga, Bilgehan Korkmaz and Joe Werkheiser finished fourth with a time of 3:51.74.
Top Women's Results
- Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) set new personal bests in the 400 meter hurdles, the 200 meter and the long jump. Ashford finished seventh in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:17.92, 31st in the long jump with a distance of 3.96 meters and 41st in the 200 meter with a time of 29.57 seconds. She also placed 17th in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 17.70 seconds.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) finished 11th in the discus with a throw of 36.17 meters and 18th in the javelin with a personal best distance of 24.15 meters.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) took part in a trio of events. Kopfhamer placed 16th in the hammer, 30th in the discus and 34th in the shot put with respective throws of 37.82 meters, 27.88 meters and 8.51 meters.
- Maddy Pearson (Peru, Ill.) participated in four events this weekend. Pearson finished 14th in the javelin with a throw of 26.34 meters, 28th in the hammer with a distance of 32.16 meters, 30th in the shot put with a throw of 9.12 meters and 43rd in the 100 meter dash with a personal best time of 15.38 seconds.
The RU track and field teams return to competition next Friday, April 19 at the University of Dubuque Good Friday Open.