LISLE, Ill. - The Rockford University track and field teams had an outstanding day today at the Benedictine University Invitational. The Regents broke a trio of school records and set numerous personal bests. Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) broke the school record in the shot put, Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) broke the school record in the hammer throw and Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) broke the school record in the hammer throw. As a team, Rockford finished tenth on both the men's and women's side.
Top Men's Results
- Tommy Brown participated in a total of four field events and broke one school record. Brown finished fourth in the shot put and broke the Rockford University school record with a throw of 13.73 meters. He also set new personal bests in the discus, hammer throw and javelin events. Brown finished ninth in the hammer with a throw of 36.63 meters, 13th in the discus with a distance of 31.50 meters and 22nd in the javelin with a throw of 24.15 meters.
- Jared Johnson took part in a trio of events and broke one school record. Johnson finished fifth and broke the RU school record in the hammer throw with a distance of 41.38 meters. He also finished ninth in the discus with a throw of 38.04 meters and 13th in the javelin with a distance of 34.76 meters.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) also had a trio of top twenty finishes for the Regents on Saturday. Lawrence finished 11th in the discus with a throw of 33.21 meters, 12th in the hammer with a throw of 33.24 meters and 17th in the javelin with a distance of 31.59 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) participated in a pair of running events. Werkheiser finished 21st and set a new personal best in the 1500 meter race with a time of 4:22.76. He also placed 20th in the 800 meter with a time of 2:06.84.
- Emani Johnson (Channahon, Ill.) set a pair of personal bests in the 100 and 200 meter dashes. Johnson finished 28th in the 100 meter with a time of 12.17 seconds and 39th in the 200 meter with a time of 25.58 seconds.
- Bilgehan Korkmaz (Konya, Turkey) finished 30th in the 100 meter and 32nd in the 200 meter with respective times of 12.20 seconds and 24.92 seconds.
- Randy Stegenga (Hilversum, Netherlands) set a pair of new personal bests in the 200 meter and long jump events. Stegenga finished 18th in the long jump with a distance of 5.86 meters and 36th in the 200 meter with a time of 25.14 seconds.
- Rockford's 4x100 meter team of Emani Johnson, Bilgehan Korkmaz, Quentin Hernandez (Calas, France) and Randy Stegenga finished fifth with a time of 3:52.79.
Top Women's Results
- Kaylynne Terry had a trio of top seven finishes and broke one school record on Saturday. Terry broke the school record and finished sixth in the hammer throw with a distance of 42.47 meters. She also finished second in the shot put with a season best distance of 12.98 meters. Terry then placed seventh in the discus with a season best distance of 36.33 meters.
- Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) turned in a pair of top ten finishes and set two personal bests. Ashford finished sixth in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:19.09. She also placed ninth in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 17.69 seconds.
- Maddy Pearson (Peru, Ill.) also set a pair of season bests on Saturday. Pearson finished fifth in the javelin with a distance of 27.07 meters and 14th in the hammer with a throw of 34.03 meters.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) had a trio of top twenty finishes for Rockford. Kopfhamer finished eighth and set a new personal best in the hammer with a throw of 39.77 meters. She also finished 14th in the shot put with a distance of 8.57 meters and 16th in the discus with a throw of 27.33 meters.
- Virginia Reed (Rockford, Ill.) finished tenth in the triple jump with a distance of 8.31 meters.
The RU outdoor track and field teams return to action at the Benedictine University Relays next Friday and Saturday.