KENOSHA, Wis. - The Rockford University indoor track and field teams wrapped up their seasons on Saturday, February 23 at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championships. The RU men's team finished in ninth place with 17 points, while the women's team placed eighth with 13 points. Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) was the top point scorer on the RU men's team with seven points, and Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) led the women's team with 10 points. Individually, the Regents also broke two school records and set ten new personal bests. Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) broke her own school record in the 55 meter hurdles and Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) broke the RU record in the weight throw. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to provide an update on where any Regents rank on the National Qualifying List because the website containing the performance list is currently down.
- Kaylynne Terry won the shot put for the second straight year at the NACC Indoor Championships. Terry's throw of 12.56 meters was a season best and 0.03 meters farther than the second-place finisher. She becomes the first RU female to win back-to-back NACC Indoor Championships in the same event and only the second Regent (Matt Lindgren - 800 meter: 08, 09, 10) to ever accomplish the feat. Terry also finished 15th in the weight throw with a distance of 11.09 meters.
- Katrina Kopfhamer broke the school record and finished sixth in the weight throw with a distance of 14.16 meters. Her throw was 0.86 meters farther than the previous school record. Kopfhamer also finished 19th in the shot put with a throw of 8.95 meters.
- Alyssa Ashford broke her own school record in the 55 meter hurdles and finished tenth with a time of 10.02 seconds. She also set a new personal record in the 400 meter race when she crossed the finish line in 1:08.77 to place 13th. Ashford concluded her day by finishing tenth in the 55 meter dash with a time of 8.10 seconds and 18th in the long jump with a distance of 3.85 meters.
- Natalia Kucharczyk (Huntley, Ill.) set a new personal best in the 800 meter and finished 22nd with a time of 3:43.12. She also placed 17th in the mile run with a time of 8:42.02.
- Tommy Brown finished third in the shot put with a throw of 13.20 meters.
- Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) turned in a pair of top eight finishes. Johnson finished fifth in the weight throw with a distance of 13.53 meters. He also placed eighth in the shot put with a throw of 11.76 meters.
- Jari Leussink (Ootmarsum, Holland) set a new personal best and finished seventh in the high jump with a height of 1.78 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) was the final Regent to score points on Saturday. Werkheiser finished eighth in the 400 meter race with a time of 53.40 seconds. He also finished 24th and set a new personal record in the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.89 seconds. Werkheiser then concluded his day with a 21st place finish in the 800 meter race when he crossed the finish line in 2:16.09.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) finished 14th in the shot put and 16th in the weight throw with respective distances of 10.73 meters and 10.62 meters.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) placed 20th and set a new personal best in the weight throw with a distance of 10.38 meters. He also finished 22nd in the shot put with a throw of 8.53 meters.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) finished 18th in the long jump with a new personal best distance of 4.11 meters. He also set a new personal record in the 800 meter race when he crossed the finish line in 2:46.45. Flores also placed 26th in the shot put with a throw of 6.62 meters.
- Emani Johnson (Channahon, Ill.) finished 29th in the 200 meter race with a personal best time of 26.61 meters and 25th in the 55 meter dash with a time of 7.44 seconds.
- The distance medley relay team of Werkheiser, Flores, Emani Johnson and Leussink finished sixth with a time of 12:30.85.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Werkheiser, Emani Johnson, Lawrence and Flores finished ninth with a time of 4:24.52.
Select members of the RU indoor track and field team will return to competition next Friday, March 1 at the Carthage College Final Qualifier.