SOMERS, Wis. - The Rockford University indoor track and field teams began the 2019 portion of their schedules on Friday at the UW-Parkside Ranger Relays. It was an excellent day for Rockford, as the Regents tallied seven top ten finishes in just twelve total events. The Regents also established a school record in the women's 55 meter hurdles and had multiple individuals set new personal records.
- Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) recorded a pair of top ten finishes for Rockford on Friday. Ashford's top performance came in the 55 meter hurdles, where she finished second and established the RU school record with a time of 10.09 seconds. She also placed seventh in the 200 meter race with a time of 30.88 seconds.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) finished sixth in the shot put with a throw of 10.43 meters.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) placed sixth in the weight throw and twelfth in the shot put with respective throws of 12.22 meters and 8.55 meters.
- Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) led the way for the men's team with two top ten finishes in the field events. Brown took sixth in the shot put with a throw of 12.76 meters and ninth in the weight throw with a distance of 11.44 meters.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) finished eighth in the 400 meter race, crossing the finish line in 1:08.82. He also placed 21st in the shot put with a throw of 7.29 meters.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) participated in both the shot put and weight throw events. Lawrence placed 11th and set a new personal best in the weight throw with a distance of 11.09 meters, while also finishing 14th in the shot put with a throw of 10.36 meters.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) finished 20th in the shot put with a distance of 8.09 meters.
The RU indoor track and field teams return to competition on Saturday, January 26 at the UW-Platteville Pioneer Open. The meet has a scheduled start time of 11:00 AM.