ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-13-1, 0-7-0 NACC) lost 10-0 to Illinois Tech (6-5-1, 3-1-1 NACC). The Regents showed improvement on defense despite the score. However, the Scarlet Hawks were too quick on the offensive.
- Illinois Tech's first goal came in the 7th minute of the match when Cosette Thompson found the back of the net.
- The Scarlet Hawks scored three more goals in the 29th, 33rd, and 37th minutes of the match to put them up 4-0.
- Illinois Tech scored another two quick goals in the 41st and 42nd minute to close out the first half, 6-0.
- The Scarlet Hawks struck first in the second half with a goal coming in the 51st minute.
- Illinois Tech went on to score three more times in the second half to win 10-0.
The RU women's soccer team returns to action on Tuesday, October 15 at Edgewood College. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM.