ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-4-1) dropped its home opener 2-0 against Blackburn College (2-3-0). It was a rough day for the Regents as Blackburn out-shot Rockford 33-4. Rockford's Amelia Harper showed excellent discipline in goal with nine saves.
- Libby Adams scored in the 3rd minute of the match to give the Beavers an early 1-0 lead.
- Blackburn scored again in the 18th minute with Morgan Adams finding the back of the net, increasing the lead to 2-0.
- Rockford was unable to answer the two goals, falling to Blackburn 2-0.
- Amelia Harper had one shot on goal and finished with 9 saves, increasing her season total to 58 saves.
- Samantha Bergeron recorded 2 saves.
- Madison Elliott had one shot on goal.
- Annie Harris had one shot on goal.
The RU women's soccer team returns to action Wednesday, September 18 at Beloit College for a 5:00 PM match.