WATERTOWN, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-3-1) fell 3-0 on the road Thursday afternoon to the Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats (1-0). It was a tough day offensively for the Regents, as they were only able to record two shots in the match. However, Rockford's Amelia Harper had another excellent effort in goal. Harper made a season-high 17 saves to bring her NACC leading total to 49.
- Angel Steuerwald scored in the ninth minute to give Maranatha a quick 1-0 lead.
- The Sabercats increased their lead to 2-0 off an Alexis Sponable goal in the 16th.
- The match remained 2-0 until Sponable found the back of the net early in the second half for her second goal of the match.
- Unfortunately, Rockford was unable answer and fell by a final score of 3-0.
- Amelia Harper finished with a season-high 17 saves in the match. Harper leads the NACC with 49 saves, which is 20 more then anyone else in the conference.
- Lesly Herrera had one shot on goal.
The Rockford University women's soccer team will make its home debut on Sunday, September 15 against Blackburn College. The match has a scheduled start time of 2:00 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.