MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (4-14) concluded its season on Saturday on the road against the Alverno College Inferno (4-15). Rockford entered Saturday's match riding a two-game winning streak and hoped to end its season with three straight victories with a win over the Inferno. Unfortunately the Inferno scored four second half goals en route to a 4-0 victory.
- The first half of the match couldn't get any closer as the Regents and Inferno battled to a scoreless tie heading into halftime.
- RU goalkeeper Samantha Bergeron (Mandeville, Ill.) was spectacular in goal in the opening 45 minutes saving all four of the Inferno shots on goal.
- However momentum began to swing in Alverno's favor early in the second half. The Inferno scored three goals in a five-minute span to take a 3-0 lead in the 54th minute of the match.
- Alverno added one final goal in the 76th minute to seal the 4-0 win.
- Samantha Bergeron recorded 8 saves in the match. Bergeron finishes the season with 130 saves, which ranks as the eighth most saves in a single-season in program history.
- Jessivel Uribe (Round Lake, Ill.) led the Regents with a team-high four shots and three shots on goal.
- Marion Adelson (Tournan-en-Brie, France) finished with 3 shots, 2 of which came on goal.