LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (4-13) took down the Lincoln Christian University Red Lions (4-8) in dramatic fashion during the Regents home finale on Thursday night. It was an exciting first half as both teams combined for seven goals. Fortunately, Rockford had four to Lincoln Christian's three. Rockford hung on to the lead with an impressive performance from freshman Marion Adelson (Tournan-en-Brie, France) who helped clinched the 5-4 win for the Regents.
- Marion Adelson opened up the scoring party just 7:49 into the game.
- Jessivel Uribe (Round Lake, Ill.) played Adelson on a nice through ball as she raced past her defender and finished it past the goalie to give Rockford the 1-0 lead.
- It did not take long for the Red Lions to tie up the match as Abigail Crockett has done what she has done all year by scoring her 28th goal of the season to make it a 1-1 game just over a minute later.
- Crockett did it again for Lincoln Christian at 20:57 to put her team on top 2-1.
- Jessivel Uribe found herself in the goal column as she lined up for a free kick just outside the right side of the eighteen. Uribe calmly knocked it over the wall and the goalie to knot the game up at 2-2 just two minutes after Crockett's second goal.
- Again, it was Crockett who spoiled the Regents fun as she notched her 30th goal of the season from 25 yards out to beat the keeper and give her team a 3-2 lead just three minutes later.
- Adelson got her second goal of the game beating her defender this time being sprung by senior Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.) to tie it up three minutes after Crockett had scored.
- With time winding down in the half Rockford looked for another goal to take momentum heading into the intermission. Adelson answered the call, as it was Vivian Knapp (Rockford, Ill.) who played her a ball through the middle as Adelson took one touch to beat her defender and raced to the finish, placing it by the keeper and completing her hat-trick.
- Despite being outshot 11-5 in the first half Rockford made the most of its chances as it went into the half up 4-3.
- It did not take long for the scoring to commence in the second half, as it was none other than Crockett who tied the match up just 4 minutes into the second.
- Each team was looking for a hero to give its team the lead as the second half ensued.
- The match would go back-and-forth until Rockford put away the game-winner.
- Adelson finished her fourth of the night to give Rockford a 5-4 lead and it would be enough as the Regents went on to win the match.
- With her four-goal performance tonight, Marion Adelson now has a team-high 6 goals on the season.
- Adelson now leads the team with 2 game-winning goals on the year, which both came in her last two matches.
- An assist on the night puts Erin DiSanti in a three-way tie for the lead in assists with 3 on the year.
- Jessivel Uribe recorded her first career assist while Vivian Knapp registered her first assist on the season.
The Rockford University women's soccer team wraps up its season on Saturday, October 27 when it travels to take on Alverno. The match is scheduled for 11 AM.