MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (2-10-0) found its way back into the win column on Friday afternoon with a 4-1 road victory over the Mount Mary University Blue Angels (1-11-0). The Regents dominated much of the match, outshooting the Blue Angels 35-4 including a 21-2 advantage in shots on goal. Rockford's 21 shots on goal were a season-high, eclipsing its previous best of 20 earlier in the year against Eureka.
- The match got of to a quick start as both the Blue Angels and Regents scored in the first 20 minutes.
- Mount Mary broke the scoreless tie in the 11th minute when Halee Van de Boom found the back of the net to give the Blue Angels a 1-0 lead.
- Rockford would tie the game just over nine minutes later after Jessivel Uribe (Round Lake, Ill.) scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Alexis Keener (Bourbonnais, Ill.).
- The Regents took their first lead of the afternoon in the 40th minute when Uribe found the back of the net for the second time in the match to make a 2-1 Rockford lead. Uribe was assisted on the play by Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.).
- Andrea Escobar (Huntley, Ill.) made it a 3-1 lead for the Regents at the 72:38 mark with her first goal of the day. DiSanti was credited with her second assist of the game on Escobar's goal.
- Rockford would add one final insurance goal in 83rd minute, as Uribe scored for the third time in the match to seal the 4-1 win and record her first collegiate hat-trick. The Regents' final goal of the day was assisted by Cassandra Hernandez (Rockford, Ill.).
- Jessivel Uribe recorded her first collegiate hat-trick and scored the game-winning goal.
- Andrea Escobar scored her first collegiate goal in the match.
- Erin DiSanti tallied her first two assists of the year, Cassandra Hernandez was also credited with her first assist of the season and Alexis Keener tallied her third assist this year.
- Samantha Bergeron (Mandeville, La.) picked up the win in goal for the Regents, allowing just one goal and making one save.
The Rockford University women's soccer team will be back in action on Saturday, October 13 against Finlandia University. The match will be played in Milwaukee, Wis. at Mount Mary University with a scheduled start time of 2:00 PM.