LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team fell to the Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats (4-5-1) on Tuesday evening. The Sabercats got out to an early 2-0 advantage in the first half before adding one more in the second half to come away with a 3-0 win.
- It was Alexis Sponable for Maranatha who put the first points on the board as she scored just 3:47 into the game.
- Sponable struck again just 25 minutes later as she weaved her way through defenders and found the back of the net to give the Sabercats an early 2-0 lead.
- The Regents came out strong in the second half but unfortunately could not put away any of their chances.
- It was a much tighter second half as each team tallied 8 shots.
- Maranatha would tack on one more goal in the 75' to pull ahead and win by a final score of 3-0.
- Samantha Bergeron (Mandeville, La.) did well in net despite the loss as she saved 11 of the 14 shots she faced.
- Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.), Alexis Keener (Bourbonnais, Ill.) and Marion Adelson (Tournan-en-Brie, France) all registered 2 shots on goal.
The Rockford University women's soccer team returns to the field on Friday, October 12 when it travels to take on Mount Mary. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 PM.