LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-8) lost to the Iowa Wesleyan University Tigers (2-3) on Wednesday in a tight match despite the score line. The Tigers were able to get on the board first in the first half of play and continued their momentum in the second half by scoring three more goals. Rockford found the scoreboard late but there was not enough time left for a comeback as the Regents fell by a final score of 4-1.
- Iowa Wesleyan struck first as Courtney Mitchell gave the Tigers a 1-0 lead at the 30-minute mark.
- It was a tightly contested affair in the first half as each team registered 9 shots.
- Iowa Wesleyan took a 1-0 lead heading into the intermission.
- The Tigers came out hot in the second half as Emmy Rodriguez scored in scrum to up the lead to 2-0 just 9 minutes into the half.
- Grace Alongi then netted two for Iowa Wesleyan to give the Tigers a commanding 4-0 lead.
- It was Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.) who ruined the Iowa Wesleyan shutout as she scored in the 77'.
- Rockford fell 4-1 despite outshooting the Tigers 19-17.
- The Regents had gone five games without logging a goal before Erin DiSanti scored against Iowa Wesleyan.
- The Rockford University women's soccer team returns to action when it travels to take on St. Mary College in Indiana. Kickoff is set for 12:00 PM.