CARLINVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-7) played its seventh road match of the season on Saturday afternoon against the Blackburn College Beavers (1-7). Although the Regents were shutout 3-0 in the match, Rockford did have multiple scoring opportunities. Following a tough first half where Rockford tallied just one shot, the Regents were able to muster seven shots in the second half and held an 8-6 edge in shots on goal in the match. Unfortunately none of them found the back of the net as Rockford was shutout for the fourth straight match.
- Blackburn broke the scoreless tie in the sixth minute with an unassisted goal from Erica Bechtold.
- The Beavers took a 2-0 lead into halftime when Bechtold scored her second goal of the match, in the final minute of the first half.
- The Beavers added one additional goal in the 63rd minute to secure the 3-0 win.
- Despite the loss, Rockford actually outshot Blackburn 7-5 in the second half, including a 7-2 edge in shots on goal.
- Alexis Keener (Bourbonnais, Ill.) tied for the team-high with a pair of shots on goal.
- Marion Adelson (Tournan-en-Brie, France) also tied for the team-high with two shots on goal.
The RU women's soccer team returns home on Wednesday, September 26 to face Iowa Wesleyan University. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM at Sportscore Two.