JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-6) began its two-game road trip on Friday with a visit to the MacMurray College Highlanders (2-5). The two schools appeared evenly matched for much of the afternoon, but unfortunately it was the Highlanders who struck for two early goals to pick up the 2-0 win.
- MacMurray broke the scoreless tie in the ninth minute when Rachel scored an unassisted goal to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Highlanders extended their lead to 2-0 in the 24th minute off an unassisted goal by Isabella VanDyke.
- Rockford was outshot 10-0 in the first half, but played much better in the second. The Regents tallied three shots in the final 45 minutes, two of which were on goal. Unfortunately, neither found the back of the net as Rockford fell 2-0.
- Samantha Bergeron (Mandeville, La.) recorded eight saves in the match.
- Annie Harris (Machesney Park, Ill.) and Jessivel Uribe (Round Lake, Ill.) each had a shot on goal.
The RU women's soccer team returns to the field on Saturday, September 22 at Blackburn College. The match has a scheduled start time of 3:00 PM.