PLYMOUTH, Wis. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-2-0) fell 9-1 on the road Friday night to the Lakeland University Muskies (2-1-1). The Regents fell behind 5-0 in the first half and were simply unable to recover. The Muskies would add two more goals midway through the second half to take a 7-0 lead before Rockford found the back of the net in the 75th minute. Unfortunately it was not enough, as Lakeland scored twice more in the closing moments for the 9-1 win.
- Lakeland broke the scoreless tie at the 14:48 mark when Amanda Buckler found the back of the net.
- The Muskies would add two more goals over the next four minutes to take a quick 3-0 lead.
- Lakeland continued to build upon its lead for the remainder of the first half and into the second, as the Muskies jumped in front 7-0.
- Rockford continued to fight and claw and would eventually find the back of the net in the 75th minute. Senior Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.) scored her team-leading fourth goal of the season to make it a 7-1 game.
- Unfortunately it was not enough as the Muskies tacked on two more goals en route to the 9-1 win.
- Erin DiSanti needed just one shot to score her fourth goal of the season. She appears to be on pace for a stellar year, as she has already tied her goal total for all of last season.
- Alexis Keener (Bourbonnais, Ill.) was the other Regent to record a shot on goal in the match.
The RU women's soccer team hits the road for the fourth straight time this year on Sunday, September 9 with a trip to Illinois College. The match has a scheduled start time of 1:00 PM.