EUREKA, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (1-1) got back to .500 on Saturday afternoon when it faced off against the Eureka College Red Devils (0-1). The Regents got out to a hot start as they scored the first two goals of the game just 12 minutes in. The Red Devils responded with a goal of their own in the 34th minute to cut the lead to 2-1 going into halftime. Rockford exploded in the second half with five goals to put Eureka away with a final score of 7-1.
- Allyssa Hobbs (Sterling, Ill.) scored the Regents first goal of the 2018 season from a Madison Elliott (Loves Park, Ill.) assist just four and a half minutes into the game.
- Next it was Erin DiSanti (Rockford, Ill.) who put it away to give Rockford an early 2-0 lead.
- Eureka answered with a goal in the 34th minute to make it a 2-1 game heading into half.
- Rockford put the pressure on from the first whistle, registering 15 shots in the first half to just three for Eureka.
- It was much of the same story as Rockford outshot the Red Devils 22-0 in the second half.
- Madison Elliott logged her second assist of the game when she found Annie Harris (Machesney Park, Ill.) just one minute into the second half of play.
- It was Harris again just four minutes later when freshman Alexis Keener (Bourbonnais, Ill.) found her for her second goal in a Regents uniform.
- Erin DiSanti tallied on two more goals to complete her hat trick, while Allyssa Hobbs notched her second goal late in the game.
- Senior Erin DiSanti scored a hat trick and currently leads the team with 3 goals.
- Junior Annie Harris and sophomore Allyssa Hobbs each tallied 2 goals in the game.
- Freshmen Madison Elliott and Alexis Keener both notched their first collegiate assists as they both chalked up 2 on the day.
- Freshman goalie Leslie Penaloza Guzman (Aurora, Colo.) recorded her first collegiate win in net.
The Rockford University women's soccer team returns to the pitch on Friday, September 7 when it travels to Lakeland. Kickoff is set for 7 PM.