GREENVILLE, Ill. - The Rockford University women's soccer team (0-1) fell 9-0 on the road Friday to the Greenville University Panthers (1-0). The game was close in the first half, but Greenville pulled away with six second half goals to seal the victory.
- The Panthers broke the scoreless tie in the ninth minute when Kate Arthur found the back of the net to give her team a 1-0 lead.
- Greenville would add two more goals to take a 3-0 lead into the half.
- The Panthers opened the second half with a trio of goals in the first 14 minutes to extend their lead to 6-0.
- Greenville added three more goals down the stretch to secure the 9-0 victory.
- RU goalkeeper Leslie Penaloza Guzman (Aurora, Colo.) had a team-high 15 saves in just over 71 minutes of action.
The RU women's soccer team returns to competition on Saturday, September 1 at Eureka College. The match has a scheduled start time of 2 PM.