WATERTOWN, Wis. - The Rockford University Women's Basketball Team (2-21) dropped its final non-conference game of the season, 76-43 on the road to the Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats (12-6). It was a tough night for Rockford, as the Regents never seemed to be able to find their rhythm. Maranatha never trailed during the game and dominated in every major statistical category. The Sabercats shot 41.4% as a team compared to 28.8% shooting for the Regents. Maranatha also controlled the glass, outrebounding Rockford 52-31.
- Rockford once again played well in the opening moments of the game.
- After falling behind 3-0, Rockford went on a 7-4 run to knot the game at 7-7. Senior Nicole Silvers (Byron, Ill.) scored four straight points during that span to lead the Regent attack.
- However, Maranatha then scored the final seven points of the period, to take a 14-7 lead heading into the second quarter.
- Following a back-and-forth affair to start the quarter, the Sabercats began to take control of the game with just under six minutes remaining in the half. Maranatha went on a 16-3 run to close out the half and take a 34-15 lead into the break.
- The Sabercats then opened the second half with a 16-6 run to essentially put the game out of reach. Maranatha would extend its lead to as many as 37 points en route to the 76-43 win.
- Nicole Silvers led the Regents with a team-high 13 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 assist.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) finished with 5 points, a season-high 8 rebounds and 1 steal.
The Rockford University women's basketball team will play its final home game of the season on Tuesday, February 12 against Wisconsin Lutheran College. Tip-off is set for 7 PM in the Seaver Center.