RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (1-13, 1-9 NACC) fell 74-38 on the road Thursday evening to the Dominican University Stars (9-5, 5-4 NACC). The Stars were in control of the game nearly the entire way, leading in every statistical category. Dominican shot 41.3% (26-for-63) from the floor compared to 22.4% (13-of-58) shooting for Rockford. However, Rockford did do an excellent job at the free throw line, converting on 80% (8-of-10) of its attempts.
- Rockford took its only lead of the game in the opening moments when Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) connected on a pair of free throws to put her team in front 2-0.
- Dominican then scored the next 15 points of the game to take a 15-2 lead.
- The Regents were able to cut the lead back down to 11 points, following a Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) made layup. However, the Stars answered right back and continued to extend their lead for the remainder of the half, taking a 41-17 advantage into the break.
- Unfortunately, things did not get any better in the second half, as Dominican would extend its lead to a game-high 42 points in the fourth quarter en route to a 74-38 win.
- Emily Cox (Erie, Ill.) played extremely well off the bench for the Regents. Cox finished with a team-high 12 points on 4-of-9 shooting, including going 3-of-7 from three-point range. She also added three rebounds and one assist.
- Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) was the other Regent to hit double-figures in the game. Keller had 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.
The RU women's basketball team returns to the court on Saturday, January 12 at home against Alverno College. Tip-off is set for 2 PM in the Seaver Center.