ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (1-11, 1-5 NACC) fell on Saturday afternoon to a strong Aurora University Spartan team (6-5, 6-1 NACC) 92-48. The Spartans applied the pressure early and often to jump out to an early 54-26 lead at the half. Rockford played better in the second half as it only allowed 16 points in the fourth quarter as the Spartans went on to win by a final of 92-48. Aurora's high-powered offense proved too much for the Regents as the Spartans connected on 37-of-80 from the field including 11-for-26 from beyond the arc.
- The Regents raced out to an early 8-3 lead off the hot hand of Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) who knocked down two three's during the run.
- The Spartans quickly responded with a 9-2 run of their own to take a 12-10 lead over RU with 5:54 to play in the first quarter.
- From there Aurora used that momentum to propel itself on a 19-2 run to close out the quarter.
- It was much of the same in the second quarter as Aurora outscored the Regents 25-14 to take a 56-20 lead into the half.
- Linzy Keller led the Regents at the half with 12 points.
- Aurora continued to be effective from the field in the second half as the Spartans went on to win the game by a final score of 92-48.
- Linzy Keller led the Regents with a double-double and team-highs with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
- Alysea Hearns (Rockford, Ill.) did well off the bench for Rockford as she tallied 9 points shooting 3-for-6 from beyond the arc.
The Rockford University women's basketball team returns to action on Tuesday, January 8 when it hosts Benedictine. Tip-off is set for 7:00 PM.