PLYMOUTH, Wis. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (1-10, 1-6 NACC) fell 87-41 on the road to the Lakeland University Muskies (10-2, 6-1 NACC) on Wednesday evening. Lakeland entered Wednesday's game winners of six straight, with five of its six victories coming by double-figures. The Muskies never trailed and controlled the game on both ends of the court. Offensively Lakeland shot 44.4% from the floor compared to 27.5% shooting for the Regents. Defensively the Muskies forced 34 turnovers leading to 27 points, while the Regents turned the Muskies over 14 times leading to 11 points. Rockford did however did do a good job on the glass, grabbing 42 rebounds.
- The first quarter got off to a rocky start, as Lakeland opened the game on a 18-3 run over the first 7 minutes and 12 seconds of play.
- Fortunately, Rockford was able to close the quarter with an 8-2 run of its own, to pull back within nine points. Freshman Lexi Rangel (Prophetstown, Ill.) led the Regents with six points during that span.
- The Muskies began to pull away early in the second quarter. Lakeland opened the period scoring twenty-three of the first twenty-five points to take a commanding 43-13 lead.
- Lakeland would extend its lead to as many as 47 points in the fourth quarter before ultimately going on to win by a final score of 87-41.
- Lexi Rangel led all scorers with a career and game-high 19 points. She also added 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 assist.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) grabbed a career and game-high 12 rebounds. She rounded out her stat line with 8 points and 1 assist.
The Rockford University women's basketball team returns to the court on Saturday, January 5 against Aurora University. Tip-off is set for 2 PM in the Seaver Center.