RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (1-9, 1-5 NACC) fell 99-73 on the road Saturday afternoon to the Concordia University Chicago Cougars (3-7, 3-4 NACC). The game was ultimately decided in the second quarter when the Cougars outscored the Regents 36-13. The other three quarters combined were much closer, as CUC only outscored Rockford 63-60. Although both teams took exactly 81 shots in the game, CUC was able to make 36 of its field goal attempts including 13 three-pointers, compared to 26 made baskets including seven made threes for the Regents.
- After digging themselves into an 8-0 hole to begin the game, Rockford outscored the Cougars 21-9 over the remainder of the first quarter.
- The Regents went on a 7-0 run to pull back within a single point at 8-7. Three different Regents scored over that span, led by three points from Nicole Silvers (Byron, Ill.).
- Following a CUC made basket, Rockford scored the next ten points to leap out in front 17-10. Rockford again used a balanced attack with four different Regents scoring during the run, led by three points from Nicole Silvers and Linzy Keller (Rockford, Ill.).
- Silvers would then score Rockford's final four points of the quarter and give the Regents a 21-17 lead heading into the second.
- The second quarter got off to a rough start as the Cougars scored the first 13 points of the period to retake the lead at 30-21.
- After a Silvers made basket, CUC used a 9-0 run to make it a 39-23 Cougar advantage.
- Rockford was able to get back with 11 following a pair of made free throws from Natasha Marcus (Popular Grove, Ill.). However, the Cougars closed the half on a 14-6 run to take a 53-34 lead into the break.
- Unfortunately, Rockford was never able to get any closer than 17 points in the second half. The Cougars led by as many as 29 points in the fourth quarter, en route to a 99-73 win.
- Nicole Silvers scored over 20 points for the third time in the last five games. Silvers also tallied her first double-double as a Regent with a game-high 26 points, a career-high 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.
- Linzy Keller added 16 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Katlyn Fiorucci (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished with 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 1 block.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) chipped in 6 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
The RU women's basketball team returns to the court on Wednesday, January 2 at Lakeland University. Tip-off is set for 7:00 PM.