ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (1-8, 1-4 NACC) fell to the Edgewood College Eagles (5-2, 3-2 NACC) on Saturday afternoon by a final score of 97-51. Edgewood took advantage of a 46-24 lead at halftime and carried that momentum into the second half. The Eagles had 15-of-16 players score on the night which helped contribute to their 45-0 advantage in bench points. The high-flying Eagles were too much with their quick pace and depth as Edgewood also outscored the Regents 32-2 in fast break points.
- The Eagles got out to an early 10-0 lead on Rockford and never surrendered the lead from there.
- Lexi Rangel (Prophetstown, Ill.) converted both her shots from the free throw line to cut it to 13-7 with 2:43 left in the first quarter.
- Edgewood would build on its lead going into the second quarter up 17-7.
- The Eagles continued to dominate as they opened the second quarter on a 16-2 run. Edgewood used its high-octane offense to take a 46-24 lead at the half.
- Rockford did well in the second quarter as RU knocked down all seven of its free throw chances.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) led the way for the Regents in the first half as she tallied 10 points and went a perfect 4-for-4 from the line.
- The Eagles took the momentum from the second quarter as Edgewood went off for 30 points in the third quarter to take a 77-36 lead into the fourth.
- Edgewood was able to run away with the game as the Regents were not able to cut into the lead. Rockford fell by a final score of 97-51.
- Four Rockford players scored int he double-digits on the day.
- Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished with a team-high 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 steals and a block.
- Lexi Rangel chalked up 14 points and went 4-for-4 from the line on the day. Rangel also picked up 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists.
- Sammi Russell registered 10 points all of which came in the first half. Russell also added 4 rebounds and a steal.
- Nicole Silvers (Byron, Ill.) tallied 10 points, 2 steals and an assist.
The Rockford University women's basketball team takes a break before returning to action on Saturday, December 29 when it travels to take on Concordia Chicago. Tip-off is set for 2 PM.