AURORA, Ill. - The Regents women's basketball team (1-6, 1-3 NACC) fell 101-52 on the road Saturday afternoon to the Aurora University Spartans (2-6, 2-1 NACC). Rockford entered its first NACC road game of the season hoping to build upon its 81-75 win over Marian University on Tuesday. Unfortunately it was all Spartans, as the Regents never led and dropped their seventh straight game to Aurora.
- Aurora opened the game on a 15-4 run, including scoring the first five points of the afternoon.
- Nicole Silvers (Byron, Ill.) kept the Regents in the game early on, scoring Rockford's first four points of the day.
- The Spartans would score six of the final ten points of the first quarter to take a 21-8 lead.
- The second quarter was all Spartans, as Aurora opened on an 8-0 run and never looked back. Aurora outscored Rockford 28-6 in the period and took a 49-14 advantage into the half.
- The Rockford offense seemed to get on track in the third quarter. The Regents shot 41.2% from the floor and scored more points in the period (18) than in the entire first half (14).
- Silvers again led the way for Rockford. The senior scored 13 of the 18 points on an impressive 5-for-7 shooting from the floor including going 2-of-4 from long range.
- Unfortunately the Spartans continued to scorch the nets as well, tallying 29 points in the quarter and extending their lead to 78-32 after three.
- The fourth quarter was the best of the day for Rockford. The Regents shot 50% from the floor (7-of-14) and 83.3% from the free throw line (5-of-6). Katlyn Fiorucci (Machesney Park, Ill.) led the RU attack with 7 points, while going a perfect 4-for-4 at the free throw line and 1-for-1 from three-point range.
- However the Spartans scored 23 points in the fourth en route to a 101-52 win.
- Nicole Silvers recorded her second straight 20-point performance on Saturday. Silvers had a game-high 22 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) finished with a team-high 6 rebounds and 4 points.
- Katlyn Fiorucci added 9 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals.
The RU women's basketball team returns home on Tuesday, December 11 to face Beloit College. Tip-off is set for 7:00 PM in the Seaver Center.