ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (0-5,0-2 NACC) fell to the Dominican University Stars (5-2, 1-1 NACC) on Saturday afternoon. The Stars took a 40-25 lead at the half and never looked back. Dominican did well to cause havoc on the defensive end as the Stars managed to score 30 points off turnovers. Dominican went on to take the game by a final score of 75-55.
- Dominican came out of the gate looking to cause disruption as they forced turnovers and went on a 12-0 run.
- RU was relentless as the Regents went on an 8-0 run to cut into the Stars lead making it a 12-8 game with 2:49 remaining in the first quarter.
- Heading into the second quarter the Regents saw themselves down 16-10 after buckling down on the defensive end.
- Unfortunately, the Stars put together a 9-2 run to take a 27-16 lead with 5:32 left in the first half.
- Rockford would make it a nine-point game at 29-20 but the Stars answered with a three-pointer to add to their lead.
- Dominican would head into the half up 40-25. Freshman Lexi Rangel (Prophetstown, Ill.) led the Regents in the first half with 9 points.
- The Regents could not get much going in the third quarter as the Stars continued to lead going into the final quarter 60-38.
- RU did not give up as it opened the fourth quarter on an 11-0. Rockford made it a 13-point game in the fourth when Rangel hit a big three to shorten the gap at 60-47 with 6:27 left to play.
- Three Regents finished in double-digits on the day.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) led the Regents with a career-high 15 points while coming up just short of a double-double with 9 rebounds.
- Lexi Rangel logged a career-high 14 points and added 3 rebounds, 2 steals and an assist.
- Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished with 11 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds and 2 steals.
- Rangel and-one layup
- Keller and-one layup
- Russell and-one layup
- Russel layup
- Russell's career-high 15th point
- Rangel three-pointer and career-high 14th point
The Rockford University women's basketball team returns to action on Tuesday, December 4 when it hosts Marian. Tip-off is set for 7 PM.