ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford University women's basketball team (0-4, 0-1 NACC) had its first home action of the season on Saturday afternoon dropping to the MSOE Raiders (3-0, 1-0 NACC) by a score of 84-30. Rockford was never able to get much going as MSOE got out to a hot start and finished the day shooting an impressive 53.2% from the field compared to just 15.7% for the Regents.
- The Raiders opened the game on an impressive 26-0 run that ate up much of the first period.
- MSOE would take a commanding 33-5 lead into the second quarter.
- The Raiders continued its run in the second quarter as they outscored the Regents 23-9 to take a 56-14 lead into the half.
- Part of the impressive play for MSOE was its ability to knock down three-pointers. In the first half the Raiders shot 53.3% from beyond the arc on 8-of-15 shooting.
- Rockford played its best basketball in the third quarter when the Regents tallied 12 points and only allowed 17.
- India Flannigan (Rockford, Ill.) led the Regents in the third quarter with four points, while Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) and Lexi Rangel (Prophetstown, Ill.) each added three points of their own.
- The Regents continued to improve on defense as RU allowed only 11 points in the fourth quarter.
- Unfortunately, Rockford could not do enough as MSOE went on to win by a final score of 84-30.
- India Flannigan led the Regents with a team-high 8 points and was a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line.
- Neve Yerk (Belvidere, Ill.) tied for a game-high and led the Regents with 7 rebounds on the day.
The Rockford University women's basketball team returns to the court on Saturday, December 1 when it hosts Dominican. Tip-off is set for 2 PM.