GALESBURG, Ill. - The Regents women's basketball team (0-3) wrapped up its three-game road trip to begin the season on Wednesday evening with a 74-38 loss at Knox College (2-1). It was a difficult day for the Regents as they were never quite able to get on track. Knox led from start to finish shooting 43.7% from the floor compared to 25.0% shooting for the Regents. Knox also outrebounded Rockford 52-31.
- Knox opened the game on a 14-0 run and led 17-4 at the end of the first quarter.
- The Prairie Fire extended their lead further in the second quarter, outscoring Rockford 20-4 and took a 37-8 lead into the half.
- Rockford began to play better in the second half, scoring more points in both the third and fourth quarters than in the entire first half.
- Sammi Russell (Winnebago, Ill.) and India Flannigan (Rockford, Ill.) each scored four points in the third to lead the way for Rockford.
- The fourth quarter was by far the best of the day for Rockford. The Regents scored 18 points and shot a blistering 55.6% from the floor and 72.7% from the free throw line.
- India Flannigan was again Rockford's leading scorer in the period with 6 points.
- Unfortunately the Regents' strong second half was not enough as the Prairie Fire went on to win by a final score of 74-38.
- India Flannigan led the Regents with a team-high 12 points off the bench. Flannigan went 3-for-6 from the floor and was a perfect 6-for-6 from the free throw line. She also grabbed 5 rebounds.
- Sammi Russell hit double-figures for the first time this season with 10 points and 1 rebound. Russell was 3-for-5 from the floor and went a perfect 4-for-4 from the charity stripe.
- Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished with 5 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal.
The RU women's basketball team opens up the home portion of its schedule on Saturday, November 24 against MSOE. Tip-off is set for 2:00 PM in the Seaver Center.