EUREKA, Ill. - The Regents women's basketball team (0-2) fell 82-53 on the road Saturday afternoon to the Eureka College Red Devils (2-1). The major difference in the game was Eureka's ability to get and convert extra shots compared to Rockford. The Red Devils connected on 31-of-75 shot attempts (41.3%) compared to Rockford making just 15-of-55 shot attempts (27.3%). Eureka also outrebounded Rockford 48-38, including a 14-9 edge in offensive rebounds.
- Rockford opened the game strong by connecting on its first two shot attempts.
- Katlyn Fiorucci (Machesney Park, Ill.) and Linzy Keller (Machesney Park, Ill.) knocked down back-to-back three to begin the game and give the Regents an early 6-2 lead.
- Unfortunately Eureka responded with a 15-0 run before Nicole Silvers (Byron, Ill.) drained a three-pointer in the closing seconds of the period to make it a 17-9 Eureka lead heading into the second.
- The Red Devils continued their hot shooting in second period, outscoring Rockford 29-13 to take a 46-22 lead into the break.
- Despite the large halftime deficit, Rockford continued to fight and responded with an excellent third quarter.
- The Regents scored 20 points in the period but were unable to cut into the lead as Eureka tallied 21 points of its own.
- Eureka outscored Rockford 15-11 in the fourth en route to the 82-53 victory.
- Linzy Keller was once again Rockford's leading scorer with a game-high 24 points. Keller was 11-of-14 at the free throw line and also knocked down 3-of-8 from three-point range. She rounded out her afternoon with 6 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block.
- Katlyn Fiorucci finished with 8 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds and 2 steals.
- Nicole Silvers added 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block.
- Neve Yerk (Belvidere, Ill.) led the Rockford bench with 8 points, a game-high 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 steal.
The Rockford University women's basketball team concludes its three-game road trip to open the season on Wednesday, November 21 at Knox College. Tip-off is set for 5:00 PM.