SOMERS, Wis. - The Rockford University cross country teams ran in their second meet of the season on Friday at the Vic Godfrey Open. This was one of the most difficult meets the Regents will take part in all season, as it featured some of the top NCAA Division III runners in the country and multiple NCAA Division I student-athletes. Despite the stiff competition, Rockford performed extremely well, with multiple people recording new personal best times.
Women's Race - 5K
- Kellie Frerichs was the top performer for the Regents on Friday, as she crossed the finish line in 22:54.9.
- Elina Lynge Wagner set a new personal best in the 5k race by almost 30 seconds, when she completed the event in 26:28.0.
- Annabelle Stefanic also set a new personal record on Friday. Stefanic crossed the finish line in 26:29.3, which was minute faster than her previous best time.
- Taylor Mundt showed perhaps the most improvement of any Regent. Mundt shattered her previous personal record by two minutes and 30 seconds, completing the race in 26:57.9.
- Natalia Kucharczyk completed her first collegiate 5k event with a time of 29:41.7.
- Maddy Pearson also set a new personal best in the 5k race. Pearson crossed the finish line in 30:10.0, which was a minute and 40 seconds faster than her previous best time.
Men's Race - 8K
- Antoine Callebaut completed his first collegiate 8k race with a time of 34:44.5.
The RU cross country teams return to action on Friday, September 13 at the Aurora University Spartan Classic.