ROCK ISLAND, Ill. - The Rockford University outdoor track and field teams broke a combined five school records on Thursday and concluded their seasons at the Augustana Twilight Qualifier. On the women's side, Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) broke the school record in the hammer throw and Maddy Pearson (Peru, Ill.) broke the RU record in the javelin. For the men, Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill) broke his own school record in the shot put and Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) broke the RU records in both the javelin and hammer throw events.
- Jared Johnson was the top performer for the Regents, breaking a pair of school records. Johnson broke his own school record and finished 16th in the hammer throw with a distance of 43.66 meters. He also broke the RU record in the javelin and finished sixth with a distance of 43.21 meters. Johnson concluded his day by placing 25th in the shot put with a season-best throw of 12.81 meters.
- Tommy Brown also broke a school record on Thursday. Brown finished 18th and broke his own school record in the shot put with a distance of 14.20 meters. Brown also set a new personal best in the hammer throw and finished 21st with a distance of 39.47 meters. He wrapped up his season with a 33rd place finish in the discus with a throw of 32.02 meters.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) competed in a trio of events for Rockford. Lawrence set new personal bests in both the javelin and shot put events, finishing eighth and 28th with respective distances of 39.05 meters and 11.07 meters. He also finished 25th in the hammer throw with a distance of 31.11 meters.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) finished 24th and set a new personal best in the hammer throw with a distance of 32.18 meters.
- Katrina Kopfhamer broke one school record and set two new personal bests on Thursday. Kopfhamer finished 13th and broke the school record in the hammer throw with a distance of 42.97 meters. She also set a new personal best in the discus and placed 19th with a throw of 33.93 meters.
- Maddy Pearson broke her own school record and finished sixth in the javelin with a throw of 29.79 meters.
- Kaylynne Terry (Streator, Ill.) competed in a pair of events for Rockford. Terry finished sixth in the shot put with a season-best throw of 13.24 meters. Her throw is currently the 34th best in all of NCAA Division III this season. She also finished 22nd in the discus with a distance of 25.71 meters.