CHICAGO, Ill. - The Rockford University men's and women's indoor track and field teams both finished eighth on Saturday at the Margaret Bradley Invitational. The men's team finished with 17 points led by eight from senior Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.), while the women's team finished with eight points led by five from Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.). Saturday's meet was Rockford's final tune-up prior to next week's NACC Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- Senior Jared Johnson led Rockford with a pair of top-six finishes. Johnson placed fourth in the weight throw with a distance of 13.17 meters and sixth in the shot put with a personal best throw of 12.31 meters.
- Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) tallied two top-eight finishes in the throwing events. Brown finished fifth in the shot put and eighth in the weight throw with respective distances of 13.19 meters and 11.08 meters.
- Senior Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) also had a top-five finish and set a new personal best time. Werkheiser finished fifth in the 400 meter race with a time of 53.35 seconds and 13th in the 200 meter race with a personal best time of 24.51 seconds.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) was the final member of the men's team with a top-ten finish. Lawrence finished eighth in the weight throw and 13th in the shot put with respective throws of 10.93 meters and 10.53 meters.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) participated in a trio of events on Saturday. Flores finished 12th in the long jump with a distance of 3.58 meters, 19th in the shot put with a throw of 6.64 meters and 26th in the 800 meter race with a personal best time of 2:47.41.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) finished 11th in the weight throw with a personal best distance of 9.73 meters and 18th in the shot put with a throw of 8.94 meters.
- Emani Johnson (Channahon, Ill.) finished 26th in the 60 meter dash and 29th in the 200 meter race with respective times of 8.03 seconds and 26.98 seconds.
- Katrina Kopfhamer had the top performance of anyone on the women's team. Kopfhamer finished fourth in the weight throw and tenth in the shot put with distances of 13.25 meters and 9.59 meters.
- Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) finished seventh in the 60 meter hurdle finals with a time of 10.78 seconds. She also placed 16th in the 200 meter race with a personal best time of 29.99 seconds.
- Virginia Reed (Rockford, Ill.) placed eighth in the long jump with a season best distance of 3.49 meters. She also finished 22nd in the 60 meter dash with a personal best time of 9.98 seconds.
- Natalia Kucharczyk (Huntley, Ill.) finished 20th in the 800 meter race with a personal best time of 3:45.76 and 24th in the mile run with a time of 8:49.10.
The RU track and field teams return to competition next Saturday, February 23 at the NACC Indoor Championships.