BOURBONNAIS, Ill. - The Rockford University indoor track and field teams had a great showing on Saturday at the ONU Invite. Although it was a non-scoring meet, the Regents still had multiple individuals set new personal records, including a trio of Regents set multiple personal bests.
- Tommy Brown (Plano, Ill.) had the highest finish of any Regent on the men's team. Brown finished 12th in the shot put with a personal best throw of 13.36 meters and 20th in the weight throw with a personal best distance of 12.88 meters.
- Joe Werkheiser (Lena, Ill.) also set a pair of personal bests on Saturday. Werkheiser finished 13th in the 600 meter and 56th in the 200 meter with personal best times of 1:28.37 and 24.87 seconds.
- Jared Johnson (Miami, Fla.) finished 16th in the weight throw with a distance of 13.33 meters and 34th in the shot put with a distance of 10.67 meters.
- Jari Leussink (Ootmarsum, Holland) placed 16th in the high jump with a height of 1.76 meters and 76th in the 60 meter dash crossing the finish line in 8.10 seconds.
- Devon Lawrence (Loves Park, Ill.) set a new personal best in the weight throw with a distance of 11.43 meters to finish in 31st place. He also finished 37th in the shot put with a throw of 10.33 meters.
- Emani Johnson (Channahon, Ill.) finished 70th with a time of 7.96 seconds in the 60 meter dash and 76th with a time of 27.18 seconds in the 200 meter race.
- Carlos Flores (Elgin, Ill.) finished 79th in the 60 meter dash and 77th in the 200 race with respective times of 8.77 seconds and 27.34 seconds.
- Alex Evitts (Aurora, Ill.) finished 48th in the shot put with a throw of 8.48 meters.
- Alyssa Ashford (Springfield, Ill.) took part in a trio of events on Saturday. She finished 31st and set a new personal best in the 60 meter dash after crossing the finish line 8.96 seconds. She also finished 9th in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 10.68 seconds and 21st in the 400 meter race with a time of 1:11.24.
- Katrina Kopfhamer (Portage, Wis.) set a pair of personal bests in the shot put and weight throw events. Kopfhamer finished 15th in the weight throw and 22nd in the shot put with respective throws of 13.28 meters and 9.65 meters.
- Natalia Kucharczyk (Huntley, Ill.) placed 22nd in the mile run with a time of 7:49.47.
- Virginia Reed (Rockford, Ill.) finished 29th in the long jump with a distance of 3.43 meters and 38th in the 60 meter dash with a time of 10.01 seconds.
The Rockford University indoor track and field teams return to competition on Saturday, February 16 at the Margaret Bradley Invitational.