MONMOUTH, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (3-3) suffered a 3-0 setback on the road Wednesday afternoon against the Monmouth College Fighting Scots (3-1). Although the final score might not indicate it, the match was a near statistical dead heat. The Regents and Fighting Scots each finished with exactly 15 shot attempts. However, Monmouth did have a slight edge in both shots on goal, 9-8 and corner kicks, 7-5.
- Monmouth's Nicolas Esparon broke the scoreless tie in the 11th minute to put his team in front 1-0.
- The Fighting Scots added another goal with less than a minute remaining in the first half, to take a 2-0 lead into the break.
- Rockford tallied three shots on goal in the opening 45 minutes, two from Simeon Adesina and one from Saeed Alqahtani. Unfortunately, the Regents came up empty on all three occasions.
- The Regents continued to put pressure on the Monmouth keeper in the second half, recording five shots on goal, led by two from Caleb Warmbier. However, once again the Regents were held without a goal.
- Monmouth tacked on one final goal in the 90th minute en route to a 3-0 win.
- Simeon Adesina finished with a team-high 4 shots and 2 shots on goal.
- Caleb Warmbier tied for the team-high with 2 shots on goal.
- Francesco Martincig had 6 saves.
The RU men's soccer team returns home on Friday, September 13 to face Olivet College. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.