Rockford, Ill, - The Rockford University men's soccer team (3-2) grabs the 3-1 win in its home opener against Ripon College (0-4). The Regents struck first in the 3rd minute of the match. Rockford would break a 1-1 tie in the 9th minute to make it 2-1. The Regents scored one more goal in the second half, Ripon could not overcome the deficit leading to a Regents 3-1 victory.
- The Regents got off to a fast start with Ivaan Gomez scoring his first goal of the season off an assist from Ethan Bergen.
- The Red Hawks quickly answered when Christian Millan tied it 1-1 in the 6th minute, finding the back of the net off an assist from Steven Klika.
- Rockford's Ryan Munch would be the deciding factor of the match, scoring his third goal of the season in the 9th minute making it 2-1. Munch's goal was assisted by a pair of Regents, Simeon Adesina and Alonzo Carrillo.
- Carlos Montes gave the Regents some breathing room scoring an unassisted goal in the 61st minute of the second half making it 3-1.
- Rockford held control of the match taking the 3-1 win at home.
- Ryan Munch scored his third goal of the season and seventh as a Regent.
- Carlos Montes scored his second goal of the season and eighth as a Regent.
- Freshman Ivaan Gomez scored his first goal of the season and first career goal as a Regent.
- Alonzo Carrillo recorded his second assist of the season, while Simeon Adesina and Ethan Bergen both recorded their first.
- Francesco Martincig picked up the win, improving to 3-2 in goal. Martincig played an impressive 90 minutes in goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to action on the road Wednesday, September 11 against Monmouth College. The match has a scheduled start time of 4:00 PM.