FRANKLIN, Ind. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (2-2) capped off its four-match road trip to begin the season with a convincing 5-2 win at Franklin College (0-3). The Regents were in control from start to finish and were never in any real danger. Rockford broke the scoreless tie in the 30th minute of the match and never looked back. Rockford tacked on two more goals early in the second half to take a commanding 3-0 lead. The Regents and Grizzles would then trade goals for the remainder of the match, as Rockford cruised to an easy 5-2 victory.
- Rockford outshot Franklin 11-1 in the first half despite leading just 1-0 at the intermission.
- Cruz Marquez got the offense started in the 30th minute, when he scored an unassisted goal, to put the Regents out in front 1-0.
- The Regents scored two quick goals early in the second half to blow the match wide open.
- Simeon Adesina made it 2-0 less than two minutes into the second half, when he found the back of the net off an assist by Alonzo Carrillo. Six minutes later, Adam Pedro scored his first goal of the season off an assist from Saeed Alqahtani, to extend Rockford's lead to 3-0.
- Carlos Montes made it a 4-0 RU lead in the 82nd minute of the match. Montes was assisted on the goal by Jared Ocampo.
- The Regents and Grizzlies combined to score a trio of goals over the final five minutes of the match. Rockford's goal came from Armando Trujillo, who was assisted by Ivaan Gomez.
- Franklin scored the final goal of the match, but it was not enough, as Rockford sailed to an easy 5-2 win.
- Cruz Marquez scored his second goal of the season and his fifth goal as a Regent.
- Simeon Adesina, Carlos Montes and Adam Pedro all scored their first goals of the year.
- Freshman Armando Trujillo scored his first collegiate goal.
- Alonzo Carrillo, Saeed Alqahtani, Jared Ocampo and Ivaan Gomez all recorded their first assists of the season.
- Francesco Martincig picked up the win and improved to 2-2 in goal. Martincig did not allow a goal and made one save during his 74:16 in net.
The RU men's soccer team opens the home portion of its schedule on Sunday, September 8 against Ripon College. The match has a scheduled start time of 3:00 PM at Wedgbury Stadium.