LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (8-10-2, 3-7-1 NACC) dropped to the Concordia University Wisconsin Falcons (10-6-1, 7-3-1 NACC) in its season finale on Wednesday night. It was a close first half as the Regents played the Falcons tight finding themselves down 1-0. In the second half CUW opened the scoring, putting four away and went on to win 5-0.
- Rockford and Concordia Wisconsin battled hard in the first half as it was 0-0 for the majority of the half.
- It was not until the 37th minute when Cristian Tyrpak tapped in a cross to give the Falcons the 1-0 lead heading into the half.
- In the second half CUW found a knack for the back of the net as they went on to score four goals.
- The Falcons second goal came from Tyrpak again when he scored just four minutes into the half.
- The Regents tried to mount a comeback but were countered late as Concordia Wisconsin scored three goals in the 72', 82' and the 83'.
- Rockford went on to fall by a final of 5-0.
- Luis Ortega (Rockford, Ill.) led the team with 3 shots.
- Rockford University ended its season with an 8-10-2 record which is the most wins for the men's soccer program since the 2001 season.
- RU's 3-7-1 record in the NACC is its best record since joining the conference.