MADISON, Wis. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (7-9-2, 2-6-1 NACC) dropped its final road match of the season on Wednesday night, 2-0 to the Edgewood College Eagles (8-6-2, 3-4-2 NACC). Edgewood put pressure on the Rockford defense for the majority of the match, holding a 16-4 advantage in shots and an 11-1 edge in shots on goal.
- The Eagles broke the scoreless tie in the 10th minute when Victor Lombardino found the back of the net from about five yards out to give his team a 1-0 lead.
- Rockford had just one shot in the opening 45 minutes as Edgewood took the 1-0 lead into the break.
- Edgewood's Nicholas Bilodeau gave the Eagles a 2-0 lead in the 64th minute with his first goal of the match.
- Unfortunately Rockford was unable cut into the lead and fell by a final score of 2-0.
- RU goalie Edgar Gomez (Belvidere, Ill.) recorded a season-high 9 saves for Rockford on Wednesday.
- Alonzo Carrillo (Harvard, Ill.) finished with two shots, while Carlos Montes (Waukesha, Wis.) tallied the Regents' lone shot on goal.
The RU men's soccer team returns to action on Saturday, October 20 at home against Lakeland University. The match has a scheduled start time of 7:00 PM at Sportscore Two. Be sure to join us on Saturday as Rockford will be honoring its eight seniors at halftime of the match.