LOVES PARK, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (7-5-1) saw its second win in a row come on Thursday night when RU hosted the Maranatha Baptist University Sabercats (1-9-0). Rockford came out on a mission and controlled the pace of the entire game. The Regents scored two in the first and two more in the second to go on to win by a final of 4-0.
- Carlos Montes (Waukesha, Wis.) put the Regents on the board first when Saeed Alqahtani (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) found him in the box in the 16'.
- Just ten minutes later it was Montes again off a pass from Jose Cruz (Moline, Ill.) who caught the keeper off his line and scored from 30 yards out.
- Rockford outshout Maranatha 14-1 in the first half.
- In the second half it was Adam Pedro (Chicago, Ill.) that added to the Regent lead as Aziz Alqahtani (Rockford, Ill.) and Carlos Montes put together a nice play that gave Pedro the opportunity to put the ball in the back of the net.
- In the 81' Ryan Munch (Rockford, Ill.) finished off the scoring hitting it off the crossbar and in off a pass across the box from Hub Halvorsen (El Paso, Ill.).
- The Regents outshot the Sabercats 24-2 in the game.
- Carlos Montes scored 2 goals on the day to give him 3 goals in two days.
- Montes is now tied for the team lead in goals with 5 on the season.
- With an assist in the game that brings Montes to 3 assists on the season
- Montes currently leads the team with 13 points.
- Saeed Alqahtani and Jose Cruz each brought their season assist total to 3 on the day.
- Adam Pedro recorded his first collegiate goal.
- Aziz Alqahtani tallied his first assist on the season.
- Ryan Munch now has 4 goals during the season.
- Hub Halverson notched his first collegiate assist.
- Anthony Beck (Fishers, Ind.) earned his second shutout of the season.
The Rockford University men's soccer team returns to NACC play when it hosts Illinois Tech on Saturday, October 6. The Match is scheduled for a 3:30 PM start time.