CHICAGO, Ill. - The Rockford University men's soccer team (3-2-1) notched its third win of the young season with a 3-2 road victory over the Moody Bible Institute Archers (0-3-0). The Regents kept constant pressure on the Archers the entire match, especially in the first half when Rockford amassed 9 shots and 5 corner kicks. The Regents continued that pressure into the second half, en route to picking up the win to close out their three-match road trip.
- Rockford scored its first goal of the match off a penalty kick. Simeon Adesina (Plainfield, Ill.) beat his defender in a foot race from midfield until he was tripped in the box to earn the penalty kick. Cruz Marquez (Arvada, Colo.) took the kick and scored Rockford's first goal of the match.
- The Regents' second goal of the match came off an excellent set of passes from the right side of the field. The ball was crossed into the middle and then headed back to the near side by Alonzo Carrillo (Harvard, Ill.) who found Ryan Munch (Rockford, Ill.) for the Regents' second goal of the day.
- Rockford's final goal of the day came off the foot of Simeon Adesina. Adesina was able to chase down an errand pass, beating the keeper to the ball and then finding the back of the net to score the game-winning goal.
- Cruz Marquez, Ryan Munch and Simeon Adesina all scored their first goals of the season on Wednesday.
- Alonzo Carrillo was credited with his first assist of the season.
- Twenty-five players saw the field for Rockford on Wednesday.
The Rockford University men's soccer team returns home on Saturday, September 15 against Blackburn College. The match has a scheduled start time of 1:00 PM at Sportscore Two.